Monday, March 8, 2010

"Can't trust that day..."

It's Monday.  Like most people, I don't love Monday.  I don't dislike it per se.  Monday's not that bad.  I think that poor Monday is maligned because the only thing associated with it is the start of the work week and crash diets.

So, to give Monday a makeover, I'm going to create a mission statement for my week and post it on Monday.

Just three little words to guide my week. 

So, what does this week bring?

Well, I know that I have a bunch of things to do at work and at home that aren't priorities, so I haven't been able to get them done. But these things are really starting to bother me: filing, mending... That kind of stuff.

What's worse is that they just keep getting transferred from one to-do list to the next.  So much so that I now take them for granted. 

So other possibilities would be:
-Get it done.
-Cross it off.

But there are other things that are ongoing and they won't get "done" or "crossed" off, but I'd like to pay attention to them nonetheless-like knitting, pottery, friends, cooking...  

Yes.  Seeing my friends is on my to-do list, as are my hobbies.   Otherwise, my week fills up with work and errands and before I know it, I'm crashing in bed, lamenting the fact that I didn't have any time for recreation, relaxation, creativity or friends.  I fret that I didn't practice guitar, knit even a single row, or throw any pots.  

So, maybe....
Make progress daily.
Add some fun.
Relax. There's time.

I am now agonizing over this week's mission statement, when I should be sleeping, rather than just adopting one and improving on it as I go.

So, for this week, I'm simply choosing:

Don't overthink it.

Oh, and:   Get some sleep. 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... wouldn't life be more enjoyable if we made "things I've done" lists instead of "to do" lists?

    ReplyDelete